Thursday 16 August 2012

Dragonbrand

So I've continued working on my sword for DOTA2, much to my joy this is one of the most entertaining things I've ever done. I'm glad, as I was worried that maybe 3D modelling and texturing wasn't for me - turns out it is. It really, really is.

Here's some shots of the sword for Dragon Knight (a picture of whom I have also placed below) as it's progressed over the past two days.

Dragon Knight, the hero I am designing the sword for.

Original Concept

Early 3D

Completed 3D model

Learning how textures work, mockup colour scheme

Continued work on textures, changed colour scheme

Finalized colour scheme, textures 70% complete

As you can see it has been quite a journey! There is still a lot to do. The pommel of the sword needs to be redone due to some poor modelling (I'm still new at this) and the textures in general still need work. But overall I am extremely happy with my progress so far! Looking forward to putting this into the Steam Workshop.

Until next time!





No comments:

Post a Comment