Thursday 20 October 2011

Golden Oldies

The last week has been extremely busy for me, needless to say I am sorry for the lack of updates. :P I have plans to photo all of my long studies this weekend with a fellow classmate - so those are on their way. In the meantime I thought I'd upload a few of my really old images in a kind of retrospective from the beginning of TDA.

This was one of the first drawings I remember doing at TDA. It has nothing to do with classical figure drawing, but it's fun to look back at. Note that I couldn't even draw a full, standing figure at this point. Those were the days.


This is the earliest surviving croquis I have from TDA. It's from the end of my first week there. I think we can agree I've come a ways since then.


A seemingly complex object like the foot becomes charmingly simple once you know enough about the bones. This is an old short study I did way back when. After this, I could draw feet.



This is the first long study I ever did at TDA. It's 45 minutes of OUTLINE. Once again, incredible to look back and see how far I've come in the 9 or so months since.


And last but not least, a small colour character drawing I did while I was training with Glen Vilppu. Unlike the earlier drawings, this is more just for fun. :)

I'll be uploading some croquis drawings over the next few days. Mads Peter had us working with pastel for the whole week, so I have some unique studies to show you.


Until next time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment