Thursday 4 April 2013

Layout and Stuff!

Easter holidays are over and we move on to layout!

This is the production step between storyboard and the background painters/animators. Layout artists clean the storyboards up, refine the illustration and perspective and separate the elements in the scene into the correct layers to be handed off to the environment artists and animators.

Personally I'm not a big fan of this kind of work, but nonetheless it's good to know how it's done. We've stolen the storyboards from Iron Giant and Princess Mononoke as a basis to work on.


 
Tomorrow I'll be animating the second scene, as it is a panning rooftop shot.

I've also been doing a lot of sketching on the side, yesterday I drew this up for fun.

 
Overall my digital illustration skills seem to be improving. :) Next week we have colour with Lawrence Marvitt, which I am really, really looking forward to - so hopefully I will have some nice stuff to show after that!

No comments:

Post a Comment